November 24, 2014

cushions - how to style them and where to buy them!


picture from The Design Files

Cushions are a stylists best friend - I love using them to add colour, texture and interest to a space, but all too often, I see them not being used correctly or people just lacking confidence to pull them together. In fact it's probably one of the most asked questions I get - how do I pull them together and where do I buy them from.  Well, today I am going to reveal some of the things I like to do with cushions!

picture Freedom Furniture

1.  no matter what colour couch you have always include a black and white zig zag (or Chevron) cushion - it helps define the space and ground it!

2. Add interest with colour and shape - mix the shapes up, round, large square, rectangular

 3. Mix prints and strips


Add texture - velvet, shag - what ever tickles your fancy

 4. never match - always mix



 5. Layer them in odd numbers - 3, 5 or 7!!!
 6. don't try to hard - just throw them on - there really is no formula

Picture - Crate Expectations
 7. Add some quirk - words or animal prints - have some fun
8. I love feather inserts - they really make all the difference
9. kids ranges can equally look good in an adult setting!

 always add black and white to the mix - this cushion is so affordable - from IKEA
 Rachel Castle Round Cushions - add some fun and Colour to a space
 this is my go to cushion from the IKEA range and it feather filled!
9. keep the colour pallet simple - no more than 3 shades of colour
10. add some metallic to spice things up.

My top 10 
Destinations for Cushions

they have the most amazing cushion wall - shop here for range

shop here for colour and quirk

beautiful shapes and colours

on trend and lots to mix and match

huge range and fast delivery

7. Aura
bold designs and nice shapes

shop here to add quirk

9. Ikea
great basics and some feather filled - affordable

10. Freedom
on trend and easily accessible, also great basics at affordable prices



If you need help choosing cushions for your space, I can help you! In home consultations are available and cushion workshops/shopping trips - please contact me for further details.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...