January 21, 2015

7 Vignettes by The 'Interiors Addict

Have you participated in 7 Vignettes from The Interiors Addict on Instagram?  I had been thinking about it for a while and trying to decide whether I could or should, to be honest, I was a little apprehensive about the standard and really not that sure what I had to do to participate. So I had some time over the holidays and I thought it may just be what I need to get my creative mojo back for 2015. I researched it here and had a look at some of the past winners here and here, and I decided to give it a go!

The 7 themes for January were:
1. Sparkle
2. Yellow
3. Blue
4. Green
5. Pink
6. Rainbow and
7. Black and White

playing around with the image and adding filters
I didn't really have a plan in place to start pulling the vignettes together, I more or less just started collecting some of my favourite things in the nominated themes and then started grouping them together. You need to submit a picture a day for the first 7 days of the month, I would strongly suggest to do a couple of pics at a time and have them ready to post each day, unless you have lots of time and are super organised! 
started here, and finished a little differently

It did get easier as the process went along and some of them are nothing like what I had intended or started out with, but I just kept playing around with each one and then photographed it with my iPhone a couple of times, cropping and varying the angles until it just felt right. Sometimes what you see and what the camera sees can be two different things - do you ever find that?.

The blue image is my favourite from this round, followed closely by the Black and White image and the Green one and then the Pink one!!!!



It was a really worthwhile experience, I would highly recommend it - the 7 Vignettes community on Instagram is HUGE and highly supportive .You get to interact with like minded creatives, some of the images are truly amazing. Geez some people are so talented. Here are a few of my favorites. 

Would you give it a go? you can sign up for the alert newsletter here! If I get time, I'm thinking of doing all months in 2015! so stay tuned!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...